April 19, 2021
By UNC-Chapel Hill Chemistry Communication
The Departmental Undergraduate Summer Research Awards are awarded annually to outstanding undergraduate researchers. The awards will be applied to the undergraduate’s research projects in the summer of 2021. Please join us in congratulating this year’s recipients:
Chapel Family Undergraduate Research Award: This award supports undergraduate chemistry majors through research and travel support.
- Recipient – Hadley McCormick, Dick Research Group
Chemistry Departments “Say Yes” Fund Award: This award provides students with funds to establish and support research collaborations.
- Recipient – Christopher Kong, Lawrence Research Group
E.C. Markham Summer Research Award: The award provides funds to perform research between a student’s junior and senior years.
- Recipient – Nicole Sherman, Knight Research Group
J. Thurman Freeze Award: This award funds summer research between a student’s junior and senior years.
- Recipient – Maia Vierengel, Hicks Research Lab
Matthew Neely Jackson–E.C. Markham Summer Research Award: This co-sponsored award provides support for undergraduate chemistry majors to conduct faculty-mentored summer research.
- Recipient – Sophia Hazlett, Pielak Research Group