December 13, 2022 | By UNC College of Arts & Sciences
Five College of Arts & Sciences faculty members have been named among the world’s most highly cited researchers in their respective fields for 2022. Chemistry’s Wei You has been recognized for the 4th year in a row.
Thirty-five researchers at UNC-Chapel Hill were included in the annual list compiled by Clarivate, a company that provides scientific research and analytic services. The list recognizes “true pioneers in their fields over the last decade” and identifies researchers who have demonstrated significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of multiple highly cited papers. There were 6,938 highly cited researchers from 70 countries on the 2022 list. These highly cited papers rank in the top 1% by citations for field and year from 2011 to 2021. UNC-Chapel Hill ranked number 25 of all the institutions determined to have the highest number of cited researchers. A majority of Carolina’s researchers were recognized for cross-field influence.
College faculty on the list include:
- Jeffery Dangl, plant and animal science
- Jinsong Huang, materials science, environment and ecology
- Hans Paerl, environment and ecology sciences, plant and animal science
- David Penn, psychiatry and psychology
- Wei You, cross-field (chemistry, material science, physics)