July 06, 2020
The Department of Chemistry is pleased to announce four faculty members have received new appointments in this academic year.
The promotions and distinguished term appointments, approved by the UNC Board of Trustees, are effective July 01, 2020.
Promotion and Tenure is awarded to faculty members who have demonstrated excellence in teaching, research, and service to the University. Below are the promotion and tenure appointments awarded this year:
- Matthew Lockett, promotion to Associate Professor with Tenure
- Scott Warren, promotion to Associate Professor with Tenure
Distinguished term professors are recognized for their outstanding scholarship, research, and teaching. Below are the distinguished term appointments awarded this year:
- Jillian Dempsey, Bowman & Gordon Gray Term Professor
- The Bowman and Gordon Gray professorship bestows special recognition on a College of Arts and Sciences faculty member for their distinguished undergraduate teaching.
- David Nicewicz, Royce Murray Term Professor
- The Royce Murray Term Professorship was established to honor emeriti Chemistry Faculty member, Royce Murray, to recognize an outstanding scholar, teacher, and researcher in the Department of Chemistry.