May 29, 2020
The Department of Chemistry has remained vigilant in response to COVID-19. Our faculty, staff, students, and postdocs, have been asked to work remotely as much as possible, only allowing return for those who have research that can only be conducted onsite. For those who will return, strict policies and safety measures have been put into place to maintain the health and safety of members and visitors in our department.
As we prepare to enter into Phase 2 of reopening, Chemistry leadership has convened and determined that labs may reopen, but must adhere to University and Department policies. Listed below are precautionary measures to ensure a safe return. The items are based on the Carolina Roadmap Guidance. The Department continues to monitor COVID-19 and will make updates accordingly.
- Phase 2 Resumption of Chemistry Operations
- This document contains Chemistry specific policies on maintaining a safe environment for all members and visitors of the department.
- Checklist for Resuming Research Operations
- Checklist for resuming research operations. In addition to a checklist, the document contains a template for developing a lab policy that must be completed before returning for Phase 2 research operations.
- COVID-19 Safety Poster
- This poster details steps that everyone should take to keep themselves and others safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The University continues to provide updates on COVID-19 at unc.edu/coronavirus.