May 01, 2020
11 UNC Chemistry students have earned graduate research fellowships from the NSF. The fellowship program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines.
Fellows share in the prestige and opportunities that become available when they are selected. Fellows benefit from a three-year annual stipend of $34,000 along with a $12,000 cost of education allowance for tuition and fees (paid to the institution), opportunities for international research and professional development, and the freedom to conduct their own research at any accredited U.S. institution of graduate education they choose.
This year, UNC Chemistry is proud to announce 11 Chemistry students who are recipients of this prestigious fellowship:
- Jessica Coleman, Warren Group
- Sondrica Goines, Dick Group
- Caitlin Johnson, Erie Group
- Lauren McRae, Warren Group
- Patric Sadecki, Hicks Group
- Josh Simpson, Redinbo Group
- Sarah Sutton, Papanikolas Group
- Christopher Travis, Waters Group